- Created: Wednesday, 03 July 2013 22:44
- Published: Wednesday, 03 July 2013 22:44
Inverurie Loco Works FC have made one of their biggest ever signings, by acquiring the very experienced Martin Bavidge who leaves Peterhead after a decade with the Balmoor club.
Centre-forward Bavidge is a hugely exciting catch for the Locos supporters, he has netted 94 goals in 275 appearances for the Blue Toon who narrowly failed to gain promotion to Division Two in the play-offs. He celebrated his ten years service with a testimonial match against Aberdeen in September 2012.
- Created: Wednesday, 03 July 2013 19:47
- Published: Wednesday, 03 July 2013 19:47
FT: Brora Rangers 2-0 Ross County (Richie Hart 4, Martin Maclean 32)
Brora Rangers deservedly beat SPL side Ross County 2-0 in tonight's friendly at Dudgeon Park.
The Cattachs line-up included Gavin Morrison, with the former Inverness CT midfielder having put pen to paper on a two-year contract at the club earlier today.
- Created: Wednesday, 03 July 2013 15:13
- Published: Wednesday, 03 July 2013 15:13
Deveronvale have completed a deal that ensures young left-sided player Craig Simpson returns to the club following a spell with Buckie Thistle.
After initially leaving Princess Royal Park, Simpson impressed for the Jags first-team last season before spending the latter part of the campaign on loan at junior side Banchory St. Ternan.
It was his performances at Milton Park that caught the eye of Charlie Charlesworth, as the Vale manager explained:
- Created: Tuesday, 02 July 2013 11:29
- Published: Tuesday, 02 July 2013 11:29
After a short break in the End of Term Report Cards series, we return at the scene of managerial change 12 months ago. Charlie Charlesworth guided Deveronvale to seventh place as well as a fourth round Scottish Cup tie against Raith Rovers, but a disappointing second half to Charlesworth's debut season left him shy of "dancing on the streets of Deveronvale". Charlesworth spoke to http://www.hflhub.co.uk reporter Andy Skinner.
- Created: Wednesday, 03 July 2013 11:16
- Published: Wednesday, 03 July 2013 11:16
Strathspey Thistle last night added their fourth new signing, with the addition of Jamie Fraser from Inverness City on a two-year contract.
The midfielder, known as "Horse", joins up at Seafield Park having previously played in the Highland League for Clach.
Manager Brian Ritchie was delighted with his capture, and still hopes to add fresh faces prior to the Jags' opening game of the season with Inverurie Locos.
- Created: Monday, 01 July 2013 21:08
- Published: Monday, 01 July 2013 21:08
Keith manager Darren Still has welcomed two of his former team-mates back to Kynoch Park.
Forward Michael Fyfe returns to the club following a two-year spell with Huntly, having joined in summer 2011 from Banks O'Dee.
Meanwhile Neil Robertson will partner Still in the technical area next season, returning to the Maroons in a coaching capacity after a season with Buckie Thistle.
- Created: Tuesday, 02 July 2013 23:31
- Published: Tuesday, 02 July 2013 23:31
A Huntly FC committee member has landed on his feet with a record of one of the most prized exhibits in his club's history - the championship flag from the Black and Golds' first ever Highland League triumph in 1929-30.
Derek Lowe took the above picture of the flag, which measures 1 metre 774 in breadth and 3 metres 100 in length, which was presented to the Christie Park club after their remarkable league win in just their second season in existence.
Lowe is incredibly proud of his cherished possession, and urged any other owners of historic Highland League memorabilia to come forward.
- Created: Monday, 01 July 2013 14:14
- Published: Monday, 01 July 2013 14:14
Huntly have made forward Jason Coyle available for transfer.
Coyle, 22, joined the Black and Golds from Formartine United last summer, but after 23 appearances and four goals was sent out on loan to Dyce Juniors for the latter part of last campaign.
Meanwhile Deveronvale have undergone a backroom staff change, acting swiftly to replace the departed Derek Henderson with former Buckie Thistle coach Colin Smith.
More Articles ...
- Fans Tourney set to return in 2014
- Broch re-sign nine on new deals
- Scorries overturn half-time deficit to defeat Orkney
- Vale sign keeper Fox
- Formartine handed Shire test in Ramsdens debut / Locos list Bain at player's request
- HFL Newsround 27th June 2013: Major boost for Wick as Wilson stays on
- McMillan heading back to Victoria Park
- Watson and Tokely join Malin in committing future to Cattachs