- Created: Friday, 12 July 2013 15:44
- Published: Friday, 12 July 2013 15:44
- Written by Grant Milne / Andy Skinner
Fraserburgh chairman Finlay Noble paid tribute to long-serving club captain Russell McBride ahead of his testimonial match this evening.
The Broch go head to head with Europa League qualifiers St Johnstone as part of McBride’s testimonial celebrations, being granted to him after 15 years’ service over two separate spells at Bellslea Park.
Noble spoke to http://www.hflhub.co.uk reporter Grant Milne, and agrees that McBride deserves the occasion after his contribution to the club: “Russell’s a cracking lad, he’s been with the club since he was 14, he has a super family who are very nice people and are always welcome here. He’s a local hero and people here look up to him.”
- Created: Friday, 12 July 2013 10:21
- Published: Friday, 12 July 2013 10:21
- Created: Thursday, 11 July 2013 19:53
- Published: Thursday, 11 July 2013 19:53
Huntly have tied down five members of their squad on new deals ahead of the new season. David Booth, Russell Guild, Michael Hart, Alex Thoirs and Daniel Stewart have all committed their futures to Christie Park. Booth is in his fourth spell at the club and has impressed since returning to Christie Park in July 2011 and made an impressive comeback from a clavicle injury last season to re-form an impressive partnership with Polish forward Andrzej Kleczkowski. Guild first signed for his local club in July 1999 and is this week set for a bumper testimonial with Aberdeen.
- Created: Monday, 08 July 2013 19:34
- Published: Monday, 08 July 2013 19:34
Falkirk defeated Fraserburgh in a closely-contested friendly match this evening, courtesy of Jay Fulton's 17th minute strike.
Fulton picked the ball up with his back to goal inside the box from Craig Sibbald, before firing past Jonathan Dunbar.
The Broch came close through Steven Davidson, with the substitute firing at Michael McGovern in the second-half, but the Bairns side held on.
- Created: Wednesday, 10 July 2013 10:50
- Published: Wednesday, 10 July 2013 10:50
Buckie Thistle put on a stern showing against a slick Aberdeen side, in front of a bumper crowd that turned out in force to pay tribute to Kevin Main in his testimonial.
- Created: Monday, 08 July 2013 07:13
- Published: Monday, 08 July 2013 07:13
Despite a 9-0 defeat for Keith by Inverness Caley Thistle on Saturday, the day was all about celebrating the contribution over a ten year period by Graham Lonie who was signed from Glentanar by Martin Allan in 2003.
Known as one of the quieter lads in the Maroons dressing room over a decade which has seen the cabinet littered with trophies, a relaxed looking Lonie took time after the game to reflect on his career with www.hflhub.co.uk reporter John Innes.
- Created: Tuesday, 09 July 2013 09:33
- Published: Tuesday, 09 July 2013 09:33
A large turnout is expected at Victoria Park tonight as Buckie Thistle pay tribute to goalkeeper Kevin Main for a decade of service to the club, with a testimonial against his boyhood heroes Aberdeen.
Kevin Signed in July 2003 from Lossiemouth and has played 363 appearances for the club keeping 122 clean sheets. He has picked up a Qualifying cup Winners medal (2003 Vs Clach), Two Aberdeenshire Cup Winners Medals (2005 Vs Vale & 2007 Vs Keith), An Aberdeenshire Shield Winners Medal (2007 Vs Locos), A Highland League Cup Winners Medal (2012 Vs Cove) and two Highland League Championship winners Medals (2010 & 11).
- Created: Sunday, 07 July 2013 17:12
- Published: Sunday, 07 July 2013 17:12
A second-half double from Lewis Macleod saw Rangers defeat Brora Rangers 2-0 at Dudgeon Park this afternoon.
The Ibrox side had most of the chances in the first-half with Joe Malin pulling off several fine saves, with Zander Sutherland coming closest for the Cattachs and forcing a good save from Cammy Bell.
However, two fine second-half strikes from youngster Lewis Macleod sealed victory for the Gers.
More Articles ...
- Reports Round-up: Saturday 6th July 2013
- Saturday 6th July 2013: Friendly latest
- Pre-season friendly: Buckie 0-3 Elgin FT
- End of Term Report Cards 2012-13: Brora Rangers
- Kirkwood delighted as Morrison signs in time to help down County
- End of Term Report Cards 2012-13: Buckie Thistle
- Locos sign striker Martin Bavidge
- Cattachs crush County